The 2007 NCAA Woman of the Year Award Ceremony was held Saturday, October 27 at the Murat Center in Indianapolis, IN. Olympic hopeful and University of Arizona alumni, Whitney Myers, was the recipient of this year’s award.
The award recognizes outstanding female student-athletes who have excelled in athletics, academics, leadership and service. While the honorees were in Indianapolis, they participated in a Habitat for Humanity service project.
There were 128 nominees and 9 finalists. The nine finalists were:
- Shauneen Garrahan, Amherst College (cross country, track and field)
- Felicia Guliford, University of Tennessee, Knoxville (cross country, track and field)
- Ana Gutierrez, Seattle University (soccer)
- Jessica Javelet, University of Louisville (field hockey)
- Whitney Myers, University of Arizona (swimming and diving)
- Ashley Parker, Lincoln University (Pennsylvania) (track and field)
- Debbie Sharnak, Vassar College (tennis)
- Sarah Shearman, Truman State University (volleyball)
- Jamie Wolf, Clarion University of Pennsylvania (swimming and diving)