The holidays are right around the corner and I am going to start doing my shopping early this year. Since my kids don't really need toys, some of my gift ideas are to get them some cool gear for their individual sports. My recommendations today include:
- Destira Leotards – we LOVE these leotards for gymnastics practice. They are well made, wash well and come in so many cool designs. Place an order between now and 12/14/09 and get 15% off with the code SAVE15.
- Got a swimmer? I just ordered the Small Pro Backpack from Speedo for my daughters. It has plenty of room for their gear, but the small version is perfect for kids under 10 as they can carry it themselves (the regular size one is as big as they are). I can get their fins in the bag, there is a separate pocket for wet suits, and even a place for their iPod. SwimLocker is my favorite place to order their gear thanks to their large selection and free shipping option.
- If you miss the Olympics as much as I do, check out the US Olympic Shop for sweatshirts, hats, bags, and more. Take 15% Off no Minimum at US Olympic Shop! Use Code LKS38LFN.
- Zappos, which I used to think only carried shoes, now has a great selection of Women's Nike clothing at Zappos.com and they always offer free shipping!
- And just because it looks like fun, I am going to get my girls the We Cheer game for Wii. I like the dance component of it and we can all play it together.
- Justice (a spin off of Limited Too) always has sport themed ts, fleece, sweat pants and outfits. They seem to get new designs for gymnastics, soccer, and dance every season, and I have seen swim, basketball, and general athletic themes from time to time. Justice Sale! Fleece Jacket Now $24.99 each (thru 11/11)
As the holidays get closer, I will continue to highlight fun gifts for girls who love sports and track down some great deals, too. If you have any recommendations, don't be shy – share them with us.