Two more of our favorite athletes will be competing on the popular Dancing With The Stars (Season 16) TV show beginning March 28! Olympic gymnast, Aly Raisman and Olympic ice skating legend, Dorothy Hammil will be taking their talents to the ballroom.
From the USA Gymnastics press release:
INDIANAPOLIS, Feb. 26, 2013 – Two-time Olympic gold medalist Aly Raisman of Needham, Mass., will appear on the new season of ‘Dancing with the Stars,' which is set to premiere March 18 at 8 p.m. ET on ABC. Raisman will be partnered with Mark Ballas, who performed with 2008 Olympic balance beam champion Shawn Johnson on an earlier season.
Joining Raisman is fellow Olympic champion Dorothy Hamill, as well as Super Bowl XLVII champion Jacoby Jones of the Baltimore Ravens and country music legend Wynonna Judd.
ABC announced 11 of 12 total cast members this morning. Below is the cast, along with their professional dance partner.
- Wynonna Judd and Tony Dovolani
- D.L. Hughley and Cheryl Burke
- Jacoby Jones and Karina Smirnoff
- Lisa Vanderpump and new dancer Gleb Savchenko
- Andy Dick and another new dancer Sharna Burgess
- Victor Ortiz and yet another new dancer Lindsay Arnold
- Zendaya Coleman and Val Chmerkovskiy
- Aly Raisman and Mark Ballas
- Ingo Rademache and Kym Johnson
- Kellie Pickler and Derek Hough
- Dorothy Hamill and Tristan MacManus
What do you think? Do you think Aly Raisman will flourish?