This post contains affiliate links.
Looking for gift ideas for the sporty girl in your life? We have found 10 guaranteed to be a hit gifts that you should be able to find any time of the year. The list was curated by my 15 year old daughter who is a cheerleader, runs recreationally, loves to dance and has a great sense of style. Something tells me this may be her birthday list… 😉
1. Women’s Charged Cotton® Storm Hoodie– $41
2. Adidas Condivo Training Pants– $45
3. Nike Free TR III Printed Training Shoe– $100
4. Nike Pro Women’s Sports Bra– $30
5. Leopard Printed Earbuds– $15
6. Under Armour Headbands-$10
7. Nike Elite Socks-$14
8. Under Armour T-Shirt– $22
9. Victoria’s Secret PINK Water Bottle– $14.50
10. Adidas Sling Bag– $26
If she plays a particular sport, you can always find more ideas in our Get the Gear pages where we have ideas for every athlete from your gymnasts, volleyball players, basketball players and more!
It is finally here – that day your gymnast’s coach says she is ready for her first optional floor routine and her own floor music! Chances are she already has lots of ideas as to the music she wants to use – after all, from the time they are little, every gymnast listens to music with the idea that one day she will have her own floor music and every song is a “potential” routine!
So, how do you go about getting your daughter’s floor music?
1. Talk with her coach first! Every coach has personal preferences as to what kind of music their gymnasts use – for example, some coaches want the new optional gymnasts to start with a classical piece of music. Your coach may also have a preferred source for the music as well.
2. Start with one of the sites that SPECIALIZES in gymnastics music. Sites like Floor Express Music and Energym have been around for YEARS and have a proven track record of obtaining rights legally, making the best music cuts and providing top notch customer service. Have your daughter listen to LOTS of music and write down the tunes that she likes. She can then share that list with her coach and they can choose the perfect piece together.
3. Purchase her music. This may seem obvious, but you need to PURCHASE floor music. You can not just pick something from YouTube or iTunes, make your own mix and send your daughter out to perform it. Take a minute and read Energym’s tips on staying legal in your floor music quest – Don’t Be a Pirate – it is comprehensive and important to understand.
Once your daughter and her coach have agreed on her music, the fun part can start – getting it choreographed! And that is another post of its own.
This post contains affiliate links which means if you make purchase through one of my links, I will earn a small commission.
Congratulations to the US Women’s Soccer team for their 5-2 win over Japan! The World Champion squad just continued to gain momentum throughout the entire tournament and scored an unprecedented 4 goals in the first 16 minutes of the championship game.
Just like the USA Women’s Team in 1999, this group of world class athletes will inspire another generation of girls to play soccer at all levels.
Where do you go to get started playing soccer? Check with your local parks and recreation departments, YMCA or JCC, to start. Once your child has experience with soccer and wants to get more field time, there are travel teams, clinics, and soccer camps you can look into.
Looking for USA Women’s Soccer fan gear? My favorite store, Fanatics, has Team USA Women’s Soccer World Champs Gear in youth and adult sizes. Here are a few of my favorite items:
Have you caught soccer fever yet?